ToolSmith excels in meeting the tool and equipment needs of the southeast’s power companies. The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) has trusted ToolSmith for over 12 years as its primary supplier of power tools and equipment. The Colectric co-op has recently also taken advantage of ToolSmith’s offering.
ToolSmith conducts business with the entities of the Southern Company. At Alabama Power we serve Gorgas, Miller, Gaston, Greene County, and Varnons. At Mississippi Power we serve Watson and Daniel. At Gulf Power we serve Crist and Smith. At Southern Nuclear we serve Farley, Hatch and Vogtle.
We understand the unique challenges power generation facilities face during outages.
- Before an outage, plants have to make sure they have the right tools and equipment to get through the outage. We stock over $6 million dollars of products specifically tailored to the needs of the power generation markets.
- During outages plants often find they temporarily need more equipment than they have on hand. ToolSmith houses an extensive rental fleet to cater to these immediate needs.
- ToolSmith offers products customized for the power generation industry such as:
- Power Distribution Centers
- 4-Pack Welders
- Water-Fall Winches
- Minuteman H.E.P.A. Vacuums
- Enerpac 4 Point Lifts
- Air Bags
- Outages take their toll on equipment. ToolSmith’s service centers employ over 20 technicians in four locations working to maintain tools and hoists for TVA, the Southern Company, and Colectric.
- Hectic outages require utmost safety. OSHA requires hoists to be tested and inspected once a year to ensure workers’ safety. ToolSmith provides several testing options, including load testing in the field.